The Hillman Group was started in 1964 as a fastener company, serving independently-owned hardware stores. During the past five decades, we’ve leveraged our unique ability to simplify the hardware buying experience and become the industry leader to top home improvement and local hardware retailers.
Our founder, Max W. Hillman, Sr., led the company with an emphasis on outstanding service, quality products and with an innovative spirit. Even though we’ve grown into a North American category leader with more than 130,000 SKUs, his values and principles continue to inspire our team.
As a result, we work, act and think like a true partner for retailers of all sizes across North America. We are proud of the support we provide and the relationships we’ve built with more than 26,000 companies, including Lowe’s, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware, True Value, Do-It-Best, Walmart, Canadian Tire and many more.
Who We Are
To be the leading North American provider of complete hardware solutions, delivered with industry best customer service and sales support.
- 2017 Retailers' Choice Award – High & Mighty™ Picture Hangers (awarded by Hardware Retailing magazine)
- 2017 Retailers' Choice Award – High & Mighty™ Decorative Hooks (awarded by Hardware Retailing magazine)
- 2017 National Hardware Show Vendor's Choice Award Winner
- 2017 Auto Zone Extra Mile Award
- 2016 – 2010; 2008 - 2006 Deloitte Cincinnati USA 100
- 2016 & 2015 Home Depot Canada – Vendor of the Year
- 2016 True Value – Overall Vendor of the Year
- 2016 True Value – Hardware Vendor of the Year
- 2015 & 2014 Cincinnati Business Courier Fast 55
- 2015 Tractor Supply - Vendor of the Year
- 2015 United Hardware Departmental Vendor of the Year - Builders
- 2015 Do It Best - Best Vendor Award
- 2015 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service
- 2014 Bi-Mart – Vendor of the Year
- Pillar Award for Community Service presented by Smart Business, three consecutive years
- Platinum Level Sponsor award from the National Breast Cancer Foundation